The Liebster Award is an honor because it means that people are noticing your blog! They are specifically for “Newbies”, like myself, with a smaller amount of followers. It’s an extra way for my followers (That’s you) and other bloggers to get to know the fabulous person that is behind all this talk here at Creatively Homespun. Yeah, I said it… Fabulous! Once I have finished the interview I am to pass the nomination along to other Fabulous Newbies!
So at this time I would like to give a shout out to another fabulous blogger, Leah over at Tea Reviews by Leah! She was the sweetheart who nominated me for the award! THANK YOU LEAH!!!
Ok.. So what do I have to do?
Sounds like fun right? Lets get to it!
- How did you decide on the title of your blog, and what’s it about?
I decided on the title a few years ago. I started a small business out of my home that sold homemade goods. (crafts, sewn goodies, etc) I just always loved how it rolled off the tongue and so the name stuck! So now that my “description” has moved from Craft Shop to Blog, I basically started showing DIY’s on how to make my crafts. I would consider myself to be a lifestyle blogger, because I have everything from recipes to devotionals, to DIY to parenting stories. A little of everything. 😉
- What is your favorite food?
Sushi! I could eat it all day everyday!! YUM! But if I had to choose a close 2nd, it would be traditional meatloaf and mashed potatoes. mmmmmmm….
- What is an item you cannot life without?
My Mary Kay face moisturizer.
- What is it you love most about blogging?
I love that in the last 3 months, my self-esteem has boosted from a 5 to a 7! It feels sooo great to be able to express myself, and share my ideas. And I am so proud of myself for the accomplishments I have made so far! I have loved every second!
- If you had 3 wishes, what would they be?
I’ll try to answer this one without sounding corny, but I’m not make promises.
1. Would be that I could teach my children everything I have learned about humankind while traveling. And that they would have the same fire in their hearts for them.
2. A cure for all Cancers. Enough said.
3. To have a Q & A with the Good Lord.
- What is one country in the world you would like to visit and why?
If I had to choose a country that I didn’t already visit, I would pick India. Something about the culture enchants me.
If I could choose a place I’ve been before, I would choose…Lesotho. I have had the privilege to go there twice, and I promised myself someday I would take my own family there too. I could write another 5 posts (at least) on my love for Southern Africa! Someday I will.
- What are you currently watching or reading?
Right now I am in between books, but I recently read, Balancing it All, by Candace Cameron Bure.
- A long-lost relative leaves you a large sum of money, what do you do with it?
I would buy/create my own shop. A mix of antiques, my own crafts, and maybe have a table or two for people to sit and enjoy coffee. I even have a name picked out, which I’m not spilling yet!
- What is something you do when you need time by yourself?
Well, that place was always different throughout the difference “seasons” of my life… but right now it is my blog. 🙂
- Where do you see yourself in five years time?
I would like to have 2 more kiddos, making our total 6. And I would say, in a house closer to the hubby’s work… enjoying my church work, AND my blog. Probably sipping on coffee as the kids are off to school.
- Can you give 11 random facts about yourself?