1. She is the BEST friend someone could ask for. Her kindness and love for everyone she meets is truly inspiring AND she showcases God’s love in her every action.
2. She is a terrific mother of two sweet boys. I admire her parenting and always know I can go to her if I ever need advice for my own two. She would DO ANYTHING for those boys, which brings me to #3.
3. She has this outstanding (and addicting) bakery name, Batter. (If I were to give someone advice for qualities to look for in a friend.. it would be that they can bake. hehe!)
All kidding aside, Carrie has always had a love of baking, but the fire wasn’t started in her heart until her oldest was diagnosed with a dairy allergy. She decided to step away from her teaching career to focus on getting a handle on her son’s condition. It took some time, dedication, and research, but she learned how to care for him the best way possible. This is a great example of how strong she is in her role as a parent. She completely immersed herself in to finding a solution, and took control.
One of the challenges of having a little one with a diary allergy or intolerance is that they miss out having baked goods! That means, no birthday cake, no school snacks of cookies, etc… This was not “ok” with Carrie. So she took this love of baking to another level and accepted the challenge to provide him dairy free options for goodies. After all, every kids deserves to have that special snack once in a while… and she made it happen!
This love grew and grew, and so did her talent! From there the rest is history! So what started out as a small passion mixed with the heart of a determined mother Batter Bake Shop was born! She started a small licensed commercial kitchen, and while she doesn’t specialize in allergen free products now, she does offer many different baked goods! She has surpassed the quality of just doing birthdays and quickly conquered weddings. All of her business is done by special orders, and she certainly puts her greatest efforts in all she does.
Here are some examples of things she has made for my own kiddos birthdays:
Now that your drooling, here are some of my favorite baked items she has made for others!
Creatively Homespun didn’t get paid or receive free stuff for this blog post. I just wanted to tell you all how awesome she is!
Now on to our Link Party!!!
Free Free Waller from Couponin Diva is joining Danielle from Creatively Homespun to be our co-hosts for May! Please make sure that you follow them in at least one way! They will be commenting on and pinning many of your posts.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Tammy at Creative K Kids (Blog)**Pinterest/Facebook/Google+/Twitter/Instagram**Danielle at Creatively Homespun (Blog)**Pinterest/Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Bloglovin**Free Waller at Coupon Diva (Blog)**Pinterest/Facebook/Twitter
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party! Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.