Usually I have about two or three varieties of how I cook our Salmon. The “tried and true” versions that I know my family will enjoy. But, I wanted to try something different this time! So I looked around and sort of combined a few different recipes to create our own!
I love a good salmon dish. The flaky texture mixed with the perfect amount of flavor…. SWOON! This recipe was easy to follow, and was not time consuming at all. (Which is perfect for a busy mom) The hubby came home right as I was plating the meal, and he said that it the aroma was a-mazing!
4 Large Salmon FILLETS
3 Tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice
2-4 cloves of minced garlic (personal PREFERENCE)
2 Tablespoons of butter
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon of fresh cracked pepper
1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon of dried red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon of fresh chopped parsley (optional: for garnish)
1. Pre-heat your oven to 365*F and place the rack to the middle of the oven.
2. heat saucepan on medium to low setting. once pan is heated combine the garlic and lemon juice in the pan. Stir while paying attention so the garlic doesn’t burn.
3. Once the lemon juice has softened the garlic, place the butter into the mixture and remove from heat. Swirl in the pan until the butter is melted.
4. Create a nice size foil bowl shape to bake the salmon in. Place the salmon on to the foil and softly brush the butter mixture onto the fillets. Coating them.
5.Sprinkle the remaining ingredients (minus the garnish) on the top of the fillets.
6. Close the foil bowl so that the heat will stay on the inside and nothing will leak out of the bottom. Place onto the middle rack and bake for approximately 15 minutes until the salmon is firm and flakes easily with a fork. For the last 4 minutes I opened the top of the foil to help vent and evaporate any left over water.
7. Garnish and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Little Spice Jar
I’m telling you the unexpected mixture of the unique flavors will totally blow your senses away! Once we were all finished eating it was a unanimous decision to add this to our “Family Favorites”. Overall it is a very filling but also a very light meal. We pared it up with a simple dish of Fresh Roasted Green Beans and Potatoes. Simple, and delicious! Bon Appetit!
If you enjoyed this, check this one out too!