Ok, here is a moment of honesty. We eat A TON of chicken in the K house! It is always a fail safe for us because the recipes can be as quick and easy or as intense or advanced as we want! That being said… we are desperately searching for new recipes!!
So when I found this recipe from Damn Delicious, I was ecstatic! I altered this a little, but overall the comfort flavor combination is unreal! I’m talking, melt in your mouth -A-MAZING. So let’s get to it!!
Brown Suga’ Baked Chicken
4-6 Boneless Chicken Breasts
Sea Salt and fresh crushed pepper, per desired amount
4 Tablespoons of butter
5 cloves of minced garlic
1/4 cup of packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons of honey
1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon of dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon of dried basil
2 tablespoons of fresh chopped PARSLEY
1. PRE-HEAT YOUR OVEN TO 400*F.
2. pre-heat a skillet on medium heat. Season your chicken with salt and pepper, place into a oven friendly baking dish, set aside.
3. ONCE skillet is heated through. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter, and add chicken. sear both sides APPROXIMATELY 2-3 minutes per side. Set aside.
4. with the chicken juices still in the skillet add/melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the garlic to the skillet and stir until AROMATIC. APPROXIMATELY 1-2 minutes. remove from heat.
5. stir in brown sugar, honey, and all dried herbs. mix together to create a smooth sauce. pour mixture over top of chicken, and place into the oven. cook for 20-30 minutes until the internal TEMPERATURE reaches 175*F.
6. garnish with chopped parsley, and serve!
Usually I prefer to cook with fresh herbs, especially when they are in season. This recipe called for dry seasons, but it was sooo delicious with all the amazing flavors, I wasn’t missing a thing! It was that “lip-smackin'” good!
I served these Brown Suga’ Chicken breasts with some gorgeously vibrant green peas, and some filling sweet potatoes! Our plates were full of color AND flavor!
Everyone of us LOVED this new recipe! It was a huge hit! Between the crisp outside layer and the perfectly baked juicy middle… this chicken was absolutely memorable. The kiddos even gobbled it up, which can sometimes seem like a miracle. Ha!
What are YOUR favorite chicken recipes? Help a girl out!! haha! I hope you enjoy this one!! I already placed it in my recipe box to have again later!! We loved it that much!! I know you will too! XO!