What started out as a small town gal just making crafts in the basement during nap-time, to creating a Facebook page to sell them… to ultimately creating this creative blog space. This week I posted my 100th blog post! After starting this part of the adventure this last February, life has sure changed. We have been though so much within our family, between heath issues and a HUGE move. Life has been anything BUT dull. I’m not complaining though… because when I look back and see that I have still trucked along with Creatively Homespun, even with all of that… I AM SURVIVING!
It has been a road full of excitement and even some road blocks, but I am really soo happy with where it has taken me. In the last month I have been able to DOUBLE my views, and I truly feel so confident in what I am creating! The blog has me “written” all over it, and I’m proud of that! I can be VERY picky lately with what is on the blog, but I love that I can have the control over it! Because… it’s mine! haha!
So in the last 8 months… what have I learned? Here are my 5 favorite things that I have learned in the Blogger Life…
- NETWORKING. This one is a biggie because even though you may think you can do this alone… Guess again. Networking with other bloggers is a lifeline. You can ask questions, gain knowledge and advice, and participate in group activities. By group activities, I mean blog hops, guest posts, shout-outs, etc. Just some lovin’ from other bloggers that is reciprocated to simply get your name/face out there! Share the love!
- Get on a schedule. When starting out, I was full guns blazing! It was so easy to get wrapped up in the world of blogging and just keep on a-goin’! However, the hubby would drop sublte hints like, “Babe, I’m so proud of you and how hard you’re working on this, let’s do this 9-5.” By that he basically meant, he works all day and he would like to see me when he is home! Understood! So I started blogging basically early mornings after he leaves (before the kids are awake) and during nap-time. It makes it easier for me to find my mojo when I’m sitting in quiet, but that might not be what works for everyone else? So find a time, schedule, and mojo that does work for you and stick to it! You’ll be happier in the long run, and won’t burn yourself out.
- Write about what you LOVE. This one is simple. Just because you find a popular concept doesn’t mean your obligated to write about it! Write about what you love because THEN people will FEEL your writing.. not just read it.
- PUSH yourself. Blogging is NOT EASY! The first few weeks are pretty simple because you have so many ideas floating around. But after the honeymoon stage is over, it get’s real. You are forced to push yourself through because you know once you get going, it will just pour out naturally. Giving up is easy… but remind yourself that you started this conquest for a reason. Fight for it! Which leads me to my (technically #5) #1 favorite reason…
- I can do this! Even with all the trolls and temptations to just “stop this”, I am pursuing this because I WANT TO. I am not doing this for the money! Obviously, because as of now I have never received a penny from the blog. (although that may soon change!) I am doing this because I LOVE the person that this blog has created me to be. Creatively Homespun is no longer just a dream of a small town gal who crafts in her basement while her babies nap… Creatively Homespun is a reality now!
I can’t wait to see where the blog grows in the future. I KNOW in the near future that there are going to be exciting new adventures, I just can’t wait! For as far as I have come, I can say proudly that I know it will only get better in the future.
Thank you! Each and every one of you have been so supportive and helpful in this process. Even if I didn’t have readers.. I would still be plugging away, because I love it that much… BUT you make it worth it even more. Cheers to the future of Creatively Homespun!