Now that fall is settling in, I want to share with you these adorable little Coffee Cozies that I made last spring! I’m in love with mine! I carry it in my purse at all times, so that no matter where I am, I can bust it out!
Once I became a mom, I have been indulging in
a cup, or two, or three of coffee a day. And my days have also gotten busier! So I am almost always out and about with a coffee in hand. Sometimes, that is hard balancing a little one and holding a hot cup-a-joe. These cozies are life savers because they keep me from burning myself, AND they are washable, for when I spill!
These were super simple to make, and only take a couple of steps. If you have scrap fabric lying around… this is a great project for you! You can make it with as much personality as you want! Take a look below at some of the designs I made for a few friends as gifts! The fabric choices are endless, and you can personalize so much with a simple button!
DIY coffee cozy
Elastic Hair Tie
button of choice
old cardboard coffee sleeve (I used an old one from a coffee shop)
hand sewing needle
1. open up the cardboard coffee sleeve and trace onto back of two pieces of fabric, and felt. Cut out.
2. turn fabric right side out and pin the hair tie to one side. this will be the loop for the button, so make sure that it is sewn into the fabric edge. sew both short edges, and top edge.
3. turn fabric right side out, and slide the felt in thru the bottom. Sew shut along bottom edge. trim as needed.
4. sew button on opposite side of the hair tie edge.
5. make some coffee and enjoy!
If you enjoy coffee as much as I do, these will seriously be such a fun perk to add to it! Not only is it functional, but it’s also pretty darn cute! Enjoy!!
If you are like some of my friends and can’t craft without gluing their fingers shut, or just simply don’t have a creative bone (or time). Let me know.. I’d be happy to take orders! Just click the link below!