It’s never too early to catch some Holiday Fever right? These adorable Homespun Candy Canes are sure to get you in the mood for the season! I love how easy these are, but they are so cute! You can use them to decorate a tree, to dress up gift wrappings, or even just by themselves to give an old world vibe to your holiday decor. I think a cute idea would be to attach a name card to each and have them at a table setting for a party favor!
These took such little time, it would be silly not to try to make a few! All it took was some old cheap Dollar Tree Candy Canes, strips of fabric and glue!! Even if you don’t have the homespun, I am certain these would look adorable with any fabric.
DIY homespun Candy canes
One strip of fabric per candy cane
candy cane (dollar tree)
1. first step is to grab yourself some hot mulled cider or eggnog to get your spirits in order! Once you are ready to start this season… grab all your supplies.
2. I held the candy cane upside down in my hand. I then folded over the end tail over the end of the cane. Folding the sides into close the end, i then wrapped the fabric around the end to secure it.
3. without letting go of the fabric, and no slack, I continued to wrap the cane the whole way to the other end. I tried to leave APPROXIMATELY 2 inches of slack on the end.
4. with the slack, fold over the end of the hook side of the cane. Again, repeat like the other end, by WRAPPING around to secure. then proceed to wrap the remaining section up the middle of the cane.
5. once I had about 1 inch left, I CONTINUED to hold the fabric tight, placed some glue on the end, and then secured to the cane.
SEE ABOVE DIAGRAM FOR VISUALS
Aren’t they irresistible? My first one took a little bit longer, but once I got the hang of it, I was banging one out in a matter of 5 minuets! That should give you plenty of time to create some of these for each gift until Christmas Eve. Right?
Have fun with these! Create patterns, or even combine two or so together with string and a bell. These are so easy it would be a shame to not have fun with them.
If you are like some of my friends and can’t craft without gluing their fingers shut, or just simply don’t have a creative bone (or time). Let me know.. I’d be happy to take orders! Just click the link below!