Hey everyone! Welcome to the new site! I’m really excited to be expanding my blog to new adventures, and to have this amazing new “face lift” to the site!
First off, let me start by saying that my first year of blogging was a total success! I in no way, shape, or form could have ever expected the blog would grow this much! In some ways I have already exceeded by 2016 goals, because I totally just blew right through my 2015 ones! ha!
So here goes. I really want to challenge myself, and keep myself motivated to really fly in the next year. I know I can do it because I have already reached milestones I never thought I would!
- Setting a schedule: I have really been trying to post something at least 3 times a week! But.. if I’m not careful I get carried away. HA! I can get addicted to blogging, so I need to create a schedule that will work for my myself, my blog, and my life!
- Triple page-views: For the most part 2015 was pretty steady. My stats were about the same on average. Pretty low compared to others, but still I had views. Well over the months of November and December I really busted it with the blog, and BAM! It happened! I more than tripled my views, and now this month… I have almost doubled that! What??!! YES! So my goal is to triple that number over the next year! Which would make the blog 40,000 monthly views! It’s a big goal.. but I like a challenge!
- Get my own domain: CHECK! I have actually just done this… and that is why the blog has been updated! I love the new logo, and I love having my own space, and I LOVE that this is a HUGE step to growing further in the future. Exciting changes!
- Become a contributor: CHECK! I was just asked to be a contributor on Domestically Speaking. Maryann is a rock star! She has a fantastic blog that I totally adore. It is loaded with some great posts, so you have to check it out!
- Gain an affiliate: CHECK! As of January I have been accepted into the affiliate program with Weave Made Media! They are an amazing company who offer campaigns for some SERIOUSLY AMAZING clients, Home Depot, Target, Bakerstone and Rubbermade. I’m feeling excited to start making some money on the blog! YEEHAW!
- Become educated in: I really want to embrace the programs that benefit bloggers like stumble upon, schedules, analytics, and SEO info. I really feel like I am a kindergartener when it comes to all these things that are important! So I am going to reach out, and research!
- Improve on my photography skills: This is pretty explanatory. I feel like photos that are good quality, crisp, and bright are a huge must with a successful blog. I want to make sure that I am doing to most I can to constantly improve. This would be a worthwhile venture!
- Continue to build bloggy relationships: I never expected the blogging world to be full of so many kindhearted and supportive people! In a world where it would be very easy to be competitive… I found a group of other bloggers who have been amazing! They are all there anytime someone reaches out, and always ready to support each other. I’m so grateful! My goal is to continue growing within the blogging community.
I truly can’t wait to see how the blog grows over the next year! I know that some of these goals seem harder than others, but I really think it is possible. I’m super excited to be able look back next year and see how much I have improved, and will continue to do so!
Thank you to everyone who has shown so much support for the blog. Without each of you I wouldn’t have been able to make it this far! Each day brings a new blessing!