This project was created in collaboration with Walnut Hollow. All opinions in this post are strictly that of my own.
Hey everyone! It’s time for another month’s #CreateandShareChallenge ! Walnut Hollow sponsored our projects this month, and offered us to use one of three products to create something unique! I was actually nervous about this project because I knew I wanted to create something different.. but I had a hard time coming up with something that I knew would LOVE. And then it hit me!!
I chose to use the Medium Round Base shown above. After staring at it for a few days I still hadn’t thought of something fantastic!? I wasn’t until I actually stubbed my toe on a bulky step stool in our powder room that I realized… THAT is what I could create!
Surprisingly enough this was actually a quick AND simple project! And after I was finished… I couldn’t have been more happy! It is a completely sturdy step stool, that my kiddos can use all over the house!
DIY CHILDREN’S STEP STOOL
Paint of Choice
4 Wooden Legs
4 3.5″ Long Deck Screws
4 Domed Base Floor Protectors
1. First I removed the screws that were pre-installed in the legs I bought. You may be able to find some without and therefore skip this step. And then Cut the base support to fit under the wood slice.
2. Then I decided what angle I wanted the lets to be at. I needed to use the miter saw to slice off at a 10 degree angle to create a slant outwards. This will help to create more support for the stool.
3. After I had the tops sliced to a flat angled edge I was able to figure out the exact location of where the legs will be attached to the base support. I just used a simple piece of scrape wood that I had laying around, but you can easily use a piece of plywood. As long as it has a nice thickness. The support is what keeps your kiddos toes from falling through the stool. Once I chose the leg locations, I was able to trace the legs to create a hole for the screws to be placed.
4. I then used a drill to place predrill holes on the side that attaches to the base wood and the legs. That way the screws will fit inside the base support and not intrude on the top.
5. I glued the legs and screwed them to the base. Once they are stable you can install the domed feet onto the legs.
6. Glue and screw the wood slice to the assembly.
7. Once glue is dry, you can paint however you chose!
** I WOULD NOT SUGGEST ANYONE OTHER THAN A CHILD STAND ON THIS STOOL**
I love the color! I just found a simple sample paint from the hardware store, it was more than enough and cost less than $4. Can’t beat that!
OK so now is the exciting part!!! Check out all these amazing projects that the other bloggers created?? I mean seriously, how great did these turn out?? Each on truly transformed there products into something different and unexpected. I loooove all of them!
Pallet Tray Projects
Casa Watkins: DIY Succulent Garden Dry Erase Board
Pocketful Of Posies: DIY Military Coin Shadow Box
Vintage Romance Style: Easy DIY Laptop Stand
Shabby Grace Blog: Herb Garden Tray
Vintage Paint and More: DIY Vintage Pallet Tray
Domicile 37: Electronics Tray
Iris Nacole: Bohemian Tray
Lovely Etc: Simple Pallet Photo Display
The Southern Couture: How To Decorate Your Home For Every Season
Green With Decor: Decorating The Bathroom Walls
Medium Basswood Round
Run To Radiance: Faux Succulent Centerpiece DIY
A Shade of Teal: DIY Clock
One Mile Home Style: Golden Home Sweet Home Wall Art
Flourish & Knot: Monogrammed Cheese Board
Lehman Lane: DIY Rustic Boy’s Room Sign
Knock It Off Kim: Rustic Treat Stand
Farmhouse 40: Wood Open Sign
DIY Beautify: Wood Slice Clock
Creatively Homespun: DIY Children’s Step Stool
Chatfield Court: DIY House Numbers
Large Round Clock
Monica Wants It: Gold Polka Dot Clock
The Twin Cedars: DIY Lazy Susan
Tastefully Frugal: DIY Drum Clock
Uncookie Cutter: Tabletop Clock
The House Down The Lane: Kid’s Art Cheese Tray
Refashionably Late: Stenciled Clock
Homeology: Rustic Modern Wall Clock
My Life From Home: DIY Baseball Clock
Old House To New Home: DIY Stenciled Clock
I wanted to say a HUGE THANK YOU to Stephanie from over at Casa Watkins. She hosts this event every month, and really goes to battle for us bloggers. She is amazing and has sooo many great things to offer. Be sure to stop by her blog and show her some extra love.
Thanks for hanging out ya’ll! Be sure to leave in the comments which product was YOUR favorite??