This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NoTakeOutNeeded #CollectiveBias
Cooking dinner while keeping the kids alive is a challenge! Today I’m going to share with you some great ideas on how to keep the kids entertained while you get a chance to whip something up! Sometimes we aren’t given very much time to make a meal for our family. This is something I’m challenging with right now! I know it will only get worse when we have this next baby!
But InnovAsian Frozen Cuisines can help with this!! You can even print off a $2 off coupon – given by InnovAsian Frozen Cuisines, their meals are delicious and quick!! I’m talking, less than 20 minutes to make! How awesome is that? So be sure to use that coupon… not only is it a great way to save some cash, you’ll also be providing a healthier option for your family. The meals they provide don’t have any MSG in them, and trust me… once you crunch into those delicious veggies it will seem like you made a homemade creation from scratch! The flavors were bold, and exciting… YUM!
Let’s take a look at some great ideas on how to keep your kiddos busy, while you cook!
5 Effective Ways to Keep Kids Entertained While Cooking Dinner (That don’t include screens!)
1) Have a small apron on hand to hire an assistant chef to help you! We had one night of them coloring their own aprons with markers, and then the next night they got to help cook while wearing their own art! It was a huge hit!
You can even have them help you set the table! Any time they take pride in what they are doing, I’m sure they will be eager to help! My son is always excited to help the set the table.
2) Craft time such as water coloring!! Some of our favorite art pieces that the kids have created have been made during dinner time! Water colors are a easy clean up craft project that you wont have to worry too much about supervising. You can even throw a twist on the water coloring by asking them to create a themed picture! For example: “Can you paint a picture of what your favorite memory is?” or “Can you paint a picture of what we are having for dinner?” You can even laminate these beauties to create a place mat!
3) Magnets on the fridge are a great activity especially for little ones! Depending on age: 2 and younger I would use bigger magnets so that you don’t have to worry about losing some down the hatch. For older ones, you can add some letter magnets! What a fun way to practice spelling all while they are visible in the kitchen, but out of your hair.
4) Keeping available busy hand activities such as play-dough are always a great success! They can play for a while and stay content with this activity. For the most part this is something they can be doing while you are in the next room. Just keep an extra ear out!
5) A dance party! Blaze the music and twirl in the kitchen while cooking. We loooove to have dance parties in our house, and the kids can spin especially well while wearing socks on the kitchen floor! This will not only get them some extra exercise, but will also burn energy to get them hungry for what your cooking.
This little gal was so excited to eat a meal that she helped to create!!! And with how easy these were to make, even a three-year old can help!
We got to try out the amazing Beef and Broccoli, General Tso’s Chicken, and fried rice!!! My favorite was the Beef and Broccoli… seriously SOOO GOOD! Even the kids loved it! The best part is, we survived cooking dinner AND ALL BELLIES WERE HAPPY with the help of InnovAsian Frozen Cuisine. To find these amazing meals you can head on over to your local Walmart! I found mine in the Freezer Dinner Meal section, labeled convenience meals. And trust me.. convenience is spot on in this case!