Our family loves seafood! We are always looking for new ways to cook it, and it’s even better when it is a 30 minute meal or less. With as busy as life can be, especially in the summer.. quick meals that are also healthy for my family are a huge bonus!
This meal has a great variation of textures and a burst of unexpected flavors. Alone, panko can be sort of bland, but with the ingredients listed below a flavor is introduced that is unexpected and delicious. it is a light variation of fish, which is also perfect for the hot muggy nights that we have been having lately.
I love how versatile Tilapia is. You can really create so many different ways to cook it, and it is usually pretty well priced. It is a healthy option for the family, and even with this recipe it can be a great addition to the healthy recipe stash. And did I mention, it is soooo simple?
GARLIC PANKO CRUSTED TILAPIA
6 tilapia fillets (if not fresh, than thawed)
2 cups panko
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2 garlic cloves (minced) Or substitute with 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
2 tablespoons of crushed red pepper flakes
3 tablespoons melted butter
salt and pepper to taste
lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees.
- Place fillets onto baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking oil. (I prefer using olive oil spray) Sprinkle salt and pepper onto the fillets and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine panko, parsley, garlic, red pepper flakes, and butter. Once it is well mixed, use a spoon to scoop an even amount of the mixture onto each fillet.
- Spread the mixture across the tops of all fillets giving them each a nice coat. Use a spoon or your hands to gently press the mixture onto the fillets so that they are firmly coated.
- Place in the oven and cook, uncovered, for approximately 15-20 minutes. You will see when they are done that they easily flake with a fork, and the meat has a nice white color. Sometimes it is helpful to keep a close eye on them during the last 5 minutes to make sure they don’t over cook.
- Slice lemon wedges to place with each serving. And enjoy!
Even though all these ingredients are pretty simplistic, combined they really create a dish full of flavor. It’s juicy, crunchy, and even has a small bite of spice! I think it is a great dish that is light enough for either a lunch or a dinner. The flaky goodness will have you hooked at the first bite!
To finish off this meal, I think a side dish of some great potatoes and beans, or even a rice and veggie and rice combo would be great. For a lighter version, such as lunch, a great salad with mixed greens would set the table. There are so many options because the flavor isn’t so constricting that it closes down your options. You can even try this!
I just know you are going to love this tilapia! It is EASY, QUICK, and tickles the taste buds! If you liked this recipe.. I’m sure that you will love this one. This other tilapia recipe is amazing! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Manga!!!