For the face, we used muslin or tan cotton fabric for skin tone. For the body, we used pre-washed cotton. One fabric for the skin(upperarms, face, and legs(muslin), another for her lower legs, tights, and a different one for the body/skirt and upper arms/sleeves.
For her shoes and hair we use wool felt due to she is going to receive lots of hugs and love.
- Using the paper pattern, cut out your pre-washed/ironed fabric and felt. Make sure you allow 1/4 inch seam allowance which is already added on the pattern.
6. Cut the “cut out” of your paper pattern and pin it to your felt and cut around making sure to have two shoe fronts and two sold shoe backs.
17. Pin the shirt to the center of the front body and sew 1/8 from the edge make sure to finish off both ends.
24. Now flip your legs down out of the way.
Place the hair pigtails either side of the head and flip them over. Position them so that the edges are 1/8 over the side of the head. Pin in place to keep them from wiggling around.
34. Sew up using the ladder stitch.
38. Embellishments!! Add ribbons in her hair, add an elastic skirt, or ruffles on her bottom, etc!
40. HOORAY!!! Your dolly is complete!
*Patterns to Print out and cut
Get creative and you can change it up! There is so many different possibilities!