This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyWayToVeg #CollectiveBias
As most of you know we just had baby #3, so getting some alone time with the husband is… Let’s face it, impossible! Going out on the town for some alone time is pretty much out of sight for a while, and having the energy to go is a whole other story. Ha! That being said, it is so important to make sure we get this time together. So where is the solution?
The easiest way to do this is to have a Date-Night-In. After the kids go to bed, we can enjoy some time together while not having to worry about details! We can’t possibly be the only ones who are struggling to find some alone time with the hubby? I’m a list maker, and I wanted to narrow the wants with the essentials. So to pull of a successful Date-Night-In I decided to create a list of essentials for anyone else out there who is looking for some ideas!
6 ESSENTIALS FOR A DATE-NIGHT-IN
- Get your kiddos to bed ON TIME! This will insure that you getting all the time possible with your significant other. By the end of the day, we are both so tired! So getting an early start is a HUGE essential way to kick off the night. (In part so we can go to bed at a decent time)
- Comfy Clothes! I’m not saying where your painting shirts or the same pair of pants you’ve had on all week. (come on ladies, we all do it!) Grab a CLEAN pair of leggings and a comfy sweater! We want them to see that we are making an effort, but we also want to be comfy when we are at home. Comfy clothes = Comfy Snuggles!
- FOOD! The fact that you have already fed the kids, and it’s after your usual bedtime. You need something quick but also delicious! MorningStar Farms® Veggie Bowls offer just that! You can pop them in the microwave, or cook them in the oven! Easy peasy! We tried their Italian Sausage Bake. It is a great way to enjoy #meatlessMondays and is also a yummy option for healthier option to the usual ordered take-out. My hubby is not a “cook”. So cooking meals together isn’t always the best way to spread the romance. We need something low maintenance so I’m not spending all our date time available in the kitchen. These Veggie Bowls do just that! My hubby is very much a “meat and potatoes” kind of guy. But with this meal he was surprised at how out of the box it was, and that these aren’t just for vegetarians! This product is quick, easy, guilt free and will allow us to spend time together!
- A romantic night deserves a bottle of wine! We paired our Veggie Bowl with a bottle of Chianti. It matched the meal perfectly and set the tone for a relaxed evening.
- You can choose any movie you like, but there is something so romantic about watching an old film!
- We like to snuggle on the sofa with some warm blankets! It adds a dash of comfort to the evening, and sets the mood for an extra smooch.
All these essentials will certainly help you to create a low-key, low maintenance, and MEMORABLE evening Date-Night-In. when life gets crazy with work, kids, household chores and obligations… it is so important to take the time to spend an evening with your partner. It is easy to get lost in all the hustle and bustle with our day-to-day. But with these six essentials… you are sure to have time to BREATH and enjoy your loved one. After all… that’s what life is about!
What is your favorite way to spend time with that special someone? What is your favorite #meatlessMonday Meal? I would love to hear from you!
If you loved this post, then you’ll love these too!