Welcome back to another week of the One Room Challenge! My project is moving along quite nicely this week! I have finished up most of the DIY details and are in the staging phases! I can’t believe I just might survive this with success! ha! Make sure you check last weeks project! Week 4 was an amazing project with outstanding progress!
For those of you who are just stepping in mid-project, let me explain… The One Room Challenge is a blogger challenge hosted by Calling It Home. In just 6 weeks time bloggers band together and show off amazing tutorials and creative ideas on how to makeover or renovate a space in their homes! Only one more week before the big reveal! Aka- Crunch Time!
This week I want to take you throughout my project and show you some behind the scenes details that won’t be necessarily front and center in the reveal. I have five amazing ideas that will rock your world and in some ways make your own bedrooms even better!
5 Behind the Scenes Bedroom Hacks!
- Quick Fan Updating: We had this really old outdated ceiling fan that we have been wanting to replace. However, once we found the bedside lighting choice, we realized the fan just needs a little updating! So what we did was simple. We removed the fan blades, cleaned them, flipped them over and spray painted them white! Super inexpensive and only took minimal effort!
- Simple and Inexpensive Bed Frame: When we inherited our headboard, it didn’t come with a bed frame. So our box spring and mattress have been sitting on the floor. So to raise the bed without having to use a chintzy metal framework, we decided to build a structure with a few boards! To do this project for queen size bed you will need: 2″x 6″ x 8′ (2) and 2″ x 8″ x 10′ (2), and some screws! Without giving the full DIY down low, here is a sketch!
- Headboard Power Source: If you are like my husband and I your bedside table has a few things to plug-in…. phone chargers, lamps, baby monitor, etc… So we hooked up two power strips and hung them right to the side of the headboard!
- Wall Art Printables: I will be posting a DIY on this project, but just by adding some simple printables to a frame can add an inexpensive piece of art to your wall! Keep your eye posted for these printables to pop up on the blog!
- Dollar Tree DIY Succulents: I also took advantage of our local Dollar Tree store! With just $6 I was able to create this DIY Succulent for the space! A great way to add life to any room is with some plants.. and these are not only easy to care for (because they are faux), but they are also sooooo cheap! Check back on the blog for a DIY on this soon!
So there you have it! A few secret tips that you can use for your own space! They can all help use your space to the fullest and all of them are super easy and can be created with little cost.